Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Green Fairy and The Green Room

Funny thing about time. In my last post, I mentioned that I’d been browsing absinthe import websites, and now, some four months later, there is a bottle of European absinthe sitting on my desk, courtesy of an all-too-thoughtful friend.

Besides that, I have completed another semester, moved into a new apartment, read some good books, shaved my beard, and undertaken a number of characteristically unpredictable trials and tribulations. Some have gone and some remain.

Since it would be tedious both to write and to read a comprehensive account of the events between the previous and present posts, I’ll stick to some more recent noteworthy items.

After like nine and a half months in Leeds, my dear friend John is a Flagstaff resident again as of the most recent Saturday. That night, we celebrated his return by trading an obscene amount of money for the censorship of any inhibitions that might have prevented us from behaving obscenely. Really, though, it was mostly just chatting and dancing at (mainly) the Monte Vista and Green Room with the townspeople, who were especially festive this weekend, that is, Pride weekend. The toll from Saturday night, financial and physical, might keep me away from the bars for a while. They really might…

I enrolled in and completed a 3-week summer course; namely, a ten-minute playwriting workshop whose purpose, aside from moving me three credits closer to graduation, was encouraging entry into a regional playwriting contest. The play I entered did not win, but the seven that did were performed at Theatrikos. I attended this showcase, which was my first though hopefully not final time there, as my professor (a fellow David Lynch [we spent a half hour one day discussing Twin Peaks during our twenty-minute break] and Raymond Carver aficionado and all-around badass) will be having his full-length comedy ("Enlightenment") performed there in August.

There are several matters buzzing in my mind presently that need contemplation and as sure as I continue to update this, you can be sure they’ll be expressed via blog soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment